1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone stuck on red M logo after update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Saidar, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Saidar

Saidar Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    After running the OTA 2.3 update my phone will not boot past the red M logo. I have pulled the battery numerous times to no avail. I have also tried holding down the home and power key while rebooting, and it does nothing. I just got back from the Verizon Wireless store and they couldn't get it fixed either. Unfortunately, they didn't have any replacements for me either and are having to mail me a new one.

Anyone have any ideas? Can I try installing a previous official OS? Can someone point me in the direction of instructions on how to reinstall everything?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This is a copy of the SBF file uploaded to a faster server than anyone's personal server.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ide-root-unroot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html

This is roolers guide to SBF'ing using a window/linux computer. Need to download Rsdlite, sbf file, and drivers.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ootable-linux-cd-soley-sbf-headache-free.html

And this little gem is the easiest way to SBF your phone. Download one file and burn it to a CD and reboot into it.

Saidar likes this.
  3. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Project Manager - SAS Construction
    Bremen, Georgia
    ^What he said... worst come to worst you mess up the SBF and then have to get a replacement anyway... to get into recovery, pull battery and wait 30 sec. Then put battery back in... press and hold power and home.. when M shows up release power (keep holding home)... when the triangle shows up, press volume up and down together. Recovery will open, use volume buttons to navigate and power to select, back button is the only one that makes sense, it goes back.

Saidar likes this.
  4. Saidar

Saidar Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Thank you!! My phone is back up and running now. I assumed I would lose all my data, but strangely everything is exactly like it was before I tried the OTA update.