1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone Stuck on T-Mobile Screen...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BigCherry, Aug 23, 2011.

1. BigCherry

BigCherry Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Hi guys,

My phone was working fine this morning, but when I got to work I noticed it had turned itself off which it does do sometimes. I usually just turn it back on & it's fine.

However this morning when I turn it back on the phone just freezes at the T-Mobile screen (which comes up before the HTC screen).

I have tried booting without the memory card & re-inserted the SIM card but still no luck.

I'd like to avoid doing a factory reset if possible so that I don't lose all my data (I don't have it backed up which is my own fault completely)

I've only had the phone for about 2 months, will my warranty cover a fix, or does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Luke

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Make sure you remove the battery for at least 30 seconds before turning the phone on, to ensure a proper 'soft reset'.

Also, make sure the SIM and battery are both fully in their respective compartments.

If you still get no joy, then the factory reset looks like your only other choice.

If you read some of the posts below yours, you'll see that others have reported similar problems, e.g. an update to the phone's ROM could be the cause.

Your phone should still be under warranty so long as you haven't rooted it.

BigCherry likes this.
  3. BigCherry

BigCherry Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Hi notebook,

Thanks for your response. I've tried what you suggested (soft reset) but still no luck. I've called T-Mobile & it's still under warranty so they're going to send it away for repair. They said it'll take 14 working days to fix & in the meantime will give me

4. wobblelino

wobblelino Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    Research
    London, UK
    Hi all,

I had exactly the same problems. Took it back to the T-Mobile shop and they sent it for repair so now using the old hero (which was great at the time but no comparison to the Desire S).

Unfortunately though It is now 3 weeks since it went in for repair and looking at the repair status at tmobile online it has been 2 weeks awaiting parts. I've contacted tmobile 3 times and the actual repair centre once. the repair centre told me that my phone needs a new mother board so basically everything will be replaced except the
    shell. But because the parts are coming from htc they don't know when it will be reparied.

Im really annoyed about this, i cant understand why tmobile cant give me a replacement if everything is being replaced anyway (except the case). I'm getting gradually more annoyed.

I had the phone less than 3 months. I understand things go wrong but the level of service is shoddy at best and customer services just dont care. Hope you have more luck... and if you do can you reply and let me know as i cant bear using my hero any longer... its so slow!

Tags: