• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone takes long to boot.

You don't say how long it takes to boot, so it's hard to say whether there is anything unusual here. Also, is it running stock software or modified? Some mods do increase the boot time.

If you could post again with more information we might be able to give a better answer. I've never owned a Desire S, but its predecessor, the Desire, was fairly slow booting (30 seconds to a minute from memory).

However, one question: how often do you shut it down? I essentially never shut my phone down, so the boot time isn't an issue for me. You can always silence it at night, or put it into airplane mode (in which state it will use very little power), in which case the boot time should be less of a problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones