1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone taking long to boot up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lucianna, Apr 23, 2012.

1. lucianna

lucianna Lurker

I have an Incredible 2 it boots through all the screens fast until it gets to the black screen with the red circle with 2 smaller red circles and it takes 5 minutes to go through that. it never did that until I had to send it back to HTC because of a mother board failure. does anyone no why it would do that? besides telling me its a computer booting an operating system.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

Hmmm.. Mine takes a minute and twenty seconds. I can't think of any reason for boot to take longer.

3. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast

Another former Eris user. I've noticed that a lot of DInc2 owners came from the Eris, probably because it's so similar (I call the DInc2 "an Eris without the issues"). That would make an interesting poll. (Sorry for the digression)

4. valorian

valorian Android Expert

The only think i can think of to try is a factory reset. I'm wondering if a cache or odd OS install is causing the slow bootup. A factory reset might clear this out. You'll have to re-setup your phone if you do a factory reset.

5. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Android Expert

Mine takes like 55 seconds for the softkeys to light up, if it does that when I count I know it's gonna boot up to the lockscreen.

6. ctafret

ctafret Lurker

lucianna, my incred II takes about 3 1/2 minutes from the "black screen" until I the softkeys light up. Could it be caused by a drop or by water damage? I've had both.

7. redlari72

redlari72 Newbie

Mine was doing that a few weeks ago, I assumed it was updating because I'd reatart, then it would start and then after a minute shut down and restart. I assumed it was a Verizon update or something.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews