1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone/text message

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alan Frederick, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Alan Frederick

Having trouble trying to figure out how to setup my tablet to
    use the phone / messages on my tablet. Messages aren't being received
    or can't send text messages

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Because you need to have a phone number on the device in order to send and receive texts, along with a plan from your carrier

MrJavi likes this.
  3. Alan Frederick

I thought with the 5e you could just hook your tablet to your cellphone number so you could use the same contacts otherwise it seems like it was false advertising on their part

4. Alan Frederick

Copied this from Samsung website

Finally a reason to put down
    your phone

Stay in touch when your phone is out of reach. Galaxy Tab S5e seamlessly syncs your Galaxy Smartphone, so you never miss a call when it comes in. It also allows you to reply to urgent text messages, so you’re never out of the loop

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I would contact your carrier on this issue

MrJavi likes this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Maybe something needs setting up, or is misconfigured? I've never heard of this feature before.

Suggest you contact your carrier and/or Samsung customer support. Unless someone else knows more.

MrJavi likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

5. Call & Message Continuity feature is supported between Samsung devices running Android P and RAM 3GB above. Service function rollout date may vary by region, carrier and device.

Check if your carrier has rolled out this feature in your region.

Hadron and MrJavi like this.
  8. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It may not be a question of whether the carrier has rolled it out: from my quick web research it looks like some carriers (including the 2 biggest US ones, ATT and Verizon) remove it from their devices. Presumably for self-serving reasons (OK, they are corporations so we can take that as read).

mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  9. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Just to clarify, you've confirmed your cellular account is even working on this tablet to begin with, yes?
    If you use a web browser app does that get online access OK to verify mobile data is working?

Try re-seating the SIM card in your tablet, and check its status in your Settings menu. And which carrier do you use? Have you logged into your account with them to see if it's still active and, if required, your S5e is registered as one of your mobile devices?

mikedt likes this.
  10. Alan Frederick

I am with Virgin mobile in Ontario Canada and I am able to access the internet
    and where do I find out if my tablet is registered as a mobile device. Thanks for
    the help and your support

11. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Go to your carrier's web site
    https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/login/index.html
    log into your account, and go through the various menu options to see if anything stands out as relevant.

Dannydet likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 10.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 670 processor, and 7040mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews