1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone to Computer (Keyboard/Mouse control too!)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by RazzleFnDazzle, Apr 13, 2011.

1. RazzleFnDazzle

RazzleFnDazzle Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Market Barcode for Phone To Computer

This application will require you to install software on your computer. It should support Mac, Linux and Windows. The application is only currently tested on Windows and Ubuntu 10.10.

The software combined will allow your phone to send any files (pictures, movies, documents, sound) from your phone to your computer! On top of that you can open websites on your computer directly from your phone. It will also allow you to use your phone a keyboard/mouse for your computer

You can find the computer software along with video tutorials at https://sites.google.com/site/razsapps/phone-to-computer

Please leave feedback or issues in this post or e-mail me at razs.apps@gmail.com.

Advertisement

2. RazzleFnDazzle

None

Sep 30, 2010
    Also there are some people who said they are having an issue with Swype settings that all the text comes out in capital letters. This is due to their Swype keyboard settings, but I'll be looking for a way to fix that.

3. RazzleFnDazzle

None

Sep 30, 2010
  4. RazzleFnDazzle

None

Sep 30, 2010
    I wanted to let everyone know that I released a new update for the app. I'm hoping to release an update at least once every two weeks.

The main features of this update is that you can now take a snapshot of your main computer screen (spare monitors not supported yet) and view it on your phone. If you long press and move your finger up and down you can zoom in and zoom out. Also I added the start of a file browser for the computer. You can now browse files on your computer opening directories and opening actual files on your computer. I think this would be good for directly launching videos on your htpc.

5. RazzleFnDazzle

None

Sep 30, 2010
    New update out. The setup is greatly improved and you no longer need to know how to do port forwarding. Most of the stuff is configured automatically for you.

Also the file browser now has the ability on long press to view computer's file properties/delete the computer's file/ or open images from your computer on your phone.

6. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    Oil and gas industry.
    New Orleans
    So it's like Dropbox?

7. RazzleFnDazzle

None

Sep 30, 2010
    I guess it depends on how you use Dropbox and how you use this application.

Dropbox is you load your files to a 3rd party server and you are able to redownload your files from any device with dropbox software. I believe your free account allows up to 2GB. While 2GB is more than enough for most users I still don't use dropbox. The reason is I don't want to upload my files to a 3rd party. I've heard that it's suppose to be encrypted and they can't view your files, but I've also heard rumors that it's a lie it's just company policy not to view people's files.

For most cases I just want a nice and simple way to transfer stuff from my phone to the computer. Usually most people just e-mail themselves pictures and download it when they get home. This application will skip the e-mail and download the picture right to your computer. It will also allow you to open web browsers on your computer from your phone. I use this for when I'm reading something, but I want to read it later or read it on a bigger screen I send it to my computer. There is also a remote built into the app that will allow you to use your computer's mouse and keyboard. There is some features I've been toying with that will allow you to also take screen shots of your computer (in case you want to see what's currently open on it). I also added a file browser for your computer on your phone. This will allow you to move through your drives and view properties about the file as well as opening them on your computer (I use this to actually open movies on my HTPC). This release also allows you to view pictures on your computer from your phone using the file browser. I can make my way over to "My Pictures" using my phone and download a picture from my computer directly to my phone and view it. I eventually plan on adding more support to transfer stuff from the computer to the phone, but it takes a lot of time. I also eventually want to add the streaming of your computer's music/videos to your phone. At the same time if someone comes up with an idea they think would be awesome in this app I'll be glad to add it. This is my first serious app. The other apps I've made were just toying around to learn android. This is the one I will spend most of my time on.

8. RazzleFnDazzle

None

Sep 30, 2010
    Added a quick link to open download location on the computer
    Added the ability to save screen shots or images from computers to the phone
    Also some very minor bug fixes

9. babs1921

babs1921 Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    will the app allow you to transfer market apps from your phone onto the pc? I want to play the game appsfrom my phone on my desktop because I don't have internet access on my phone but I don't want to root, tether etc..just want to usb cord...just a thought to improve your app in the works if its even possible..