• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root phone to pc issue

heres my issue... i have rooted razr with newest doomlord. i have proper drivers. so when i plug phone into pc it used to ask me in that pop up window to charge only or sync media, etc. now i dont get that pop up and pc wont recognize phone. it charges it just fine. i tried differ usb cords. any ideas.... phone works great otherwise. 4g bluetooth tether all work fine.

Hi Dark Heart, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with the specific ROM you're working with, but I've seen on other ROMs where these is a setting along the lines of "when I plug in the phone to a PC, set it to charge only, and never ask me again".
Check the settings, and if there is a menu under settings that are ROM specific, check there first. Look for something like 'default action when plugged in to PC'.
I realize that's all very vague, but it's the best I can do without being more familiar with the ROM. :)

Upvote 0
heres my issue... i have rooted razr with newest doomlord. i have proper drivers. so when i plug phone into pc it used to ask me in that pop up window to charge only or sync media, etc. now i dont get that pop up and pc wont recognize phone. it charges it just fine. i tried differ usb cords. any ideas.... phone works great otherwise. 4g bluetooth tether all work fine.
I have never seen the pop up you are referring to when plugging my rooted RAZR into my PC but there is a notification item on my phone called "USB connection" that I can select and choose one of 4 different USB modes:

1. PC Mode
2. Windows Media Sync
3. USB Mass Storage
4. Charge Only

Upvote 0
I never got the popup either. Always have to go into notifications and open the window myself.

That's a good point. I've never seen a popup on this phone like I have on others. There is just a notification that says 'USB connection', pull down the notification bar, press the USB notification and then the choices are displayed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones