1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone tries to turn on/off by itself

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Android Question

Xperia Miro user

I am not so good in phone stuff..and this might sound so weird as I google-ed so much but nothing resemble my problem,

here is the problem my phone actually tries to turn off the phone by pressing the power button..as the result it will pop up a window asked me to turn off the phone; aeroplane mode; silent ; vibrate.. so I had to press back to close that window..it does not happens every minutes but once in awhile it will happen..it is kind of annoying..

I hope I have explained it well enough :/

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Sounds to me like the power button is failing and your problem is hardware related.

If it is within manufacturer warranty, you can get it replaced. Otherwise, you may be out of luck.

good luck

KzAXi likes this.
  3. KzAXi

KzAXi Lurker

I see.Thank you teddyearp. but I been using this phone over few months..so kinda weird-ed out about this situation..and I don't remember that I knock the phone from high places or something like that :/

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Most factory warranties last a year, so there still may be time. Try contacting your cellular provider of the manufacturer. It is not uncommon for some phones to break earlier than others; some even come out of the box broken :(

good luck

p.s. I see you registered, welcome :hello:

5. KzAXi

KzAXi Lurker

Ty for welcoming me in this forum.

I tried reset my phone incase it was software faulty..and its not,so had to bring the phone to provider and it say bcoz the problem didnt occur frequently he say they might not able to send the phone over and fix em..

6. KzAXi

KzAXi Lurker

So the problem from auto lock turns into unable to unlock..now i am certain the power/lock button is failing on me

7. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

That's too bad that your provider won't help you. Maybe try a different person or get a hold of the maker of the phone.

good luck

8. KzAXi

KzAXi Lurker

today i turned my phone off..and now it wont even start up..i tried to open the phone and nothings happens..when i plugged in my phone to charger it wont starts up too..trying to take this back to my provider =/