1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Phone Turning Self Off, Sim Problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spoonman1, Sep 21, 2010.

1. spoonman1

spoonman1 New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Hi there everyone!

Android Version: 2.2
    Network: Vodafone UK
    Taskiller Used: Advanced Task Killer (although rarely used)
    Issue:
    Let me start by describing the standard day in the life of my HTC Desire. Start of the day its 100% as you would expect, drains at a normal speed, no problems untill the battery gets to about 70%-75%, where the phone likes to turn its self off alot. However its not like in the other threads I've read where it restarts its self and goes into a loop, no. It just turns off, but when I do turn it back on manually it will turn its self off again between 5 seconds and 5 minutes of the phone loading up again, irregardless of what I'm using the phone for.
    After this fustrating period, the battery level will slowly drop to about 65%, where the problem stops, and my phone continues to work fine again. Up untill about 45%, where either the same problem happens again, but this time lasts untill about 35% or when I do get the phone on, it jut proclaims the phone has just gone from 45% to 0% and subsiquently turns its self off again.
    If the latter happens, on recharge, once the battery level reaches about 60-65% it just jumps to 100%.
    Its purely random which one of these occurs, although lately after doing a battery data reset, its mainly the former.

However! If I take the SIM card out of my phone, then it will work perfectly all day, which is obviously not that useful as a phone.

I've tried it very breifly with an o2 sim card, during one of its "turning off phases" and still it just turned its self off after a short while.

But yeah this has been happening for a while now, before I got 2.2, and I hoped 2.2 would of fixed it, but no :(

Does any one have any ideas at all? As I've seacrhed everywhere! and no luck! :(

Thanks
    Tom

Advertisement

2. picanha

picanha New Member

Apr 13, 2011
    My Desire overheats and reboots! A LOT, I MEAN, A LOOOTTT HAVE SENT IT BACK, htc changes the motherboard, it works for a while and then, that's it, SELF REBOOTING AGAIN.

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A HTC CUSTOMER, NOT ANYMORE.

They could at least say something or remove these f***up phones out of the market

Tags: