• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone turns off and doesn't turn on unless battery is removed and inserted back

nadahally

Lurker
Sep 7, 2011
Hi All,

I bought the p500 OP1 a week back and 2 days back updated it with 2.3.3. from PC suite. Now very frequently the phone turns off and will not turn on unless the battery is removed and inserted it back. It happened more than 10 times in last 2 days. I have removed all the application I installed from market and still no effect. I have a 2gb factory fitted SD card and have aroung 500 MB of songs and nothing else in the memory card.

Please help me in solving this :(

Regards,
Sriharsha Nadahalli

Even i am facing the same issue after update to 2.3.3. when ever i connect to gprs after a while if the screen is locked. then dislay becomes completely blank.

The only solution i found to recover from this state is to remove battery, put back and restart. this issue is happening quite often after the update. while writing this message, my phone is still in that dead state.

But, i can receive calls and messages at this time and cannot receive the call sice the display is blank.

is anyone out there experiencing the same problem with optimus one sfter the update and found a work around for this issue. Please share it..

Hoping for a favorable reply..!

Upvote 0
Even i am facing the same issue after update to 2.3.3. dislay becomes completely blank.

The only solution i found to recover from this state is to remove battery, put back and restart. this issue is happening quite often after the update.

But, i can receive calls and messages at this time and cannot receive the call sice the display is blank.

is anyone out there experiencing the same problem with optimus one sfter the update and found a work around for this issue. Please share it..

Hoping for a favorable reply.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. LG Support told me to send the phone to their service center for repair. Do we need to downgrade now? Has anybody actually found a solution yet?

As a side note, the update to Gingerbread was available for a while, got removed, it's available again (same version). I find it weird...

Upvote 0
I've only had my LG optimus one for a month or so and have had troubles with the screen going black and freezing after dialing in a number. Unable to end the call or anything until the phone 'decides' to illuminate again.
I tried removing the battery twice, but to no avail.
In doing this, I damaged my plastic cell phone cover, so I just left it off. I haven't had a problem since leaving off the case!
Dumb coincidence????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones