1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

phone turns off at 10%

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alvin1001, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Alvin1001

Alvin1001 Lurker
    None

Aug 28, 2011
    Everytime my phone reaches 10%, the phone will shut down itself and it won't turn on again.
    i have tried bump charging and calibrating the battery but still without success... anyone got any soulutions other then buying a new battery?

thanks. :)

Advertisement

2. ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 14, 2010
    Poole, Dorset
    I think they are set to shut down when the battery reaches roughly 10%, as a safety feature

3. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

usually it would get to about 5 depending on the phone itself but calibrate your battery using "battery calibration" from the market and see how it goes next time

4. DNick

DNick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 10, 2010
    Its pretty normal. I wouldn't worry about to much. Its bad for our batteries to drain completely. So like already stated, its a for the good of the battery

5. skipjimroo

skipjimroo Newbie
    None

May 28, 2010
    Yup, I have the same (non)problem. It's a feature designed to stop the phone shutting off immediately and potentially doing some damage to itself.

Sort of like if you yoinked the power cable out of the back of your pc while it was on, It wouldn't be pretty:p

6. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    UK
    Recently there was a thread bout this exact 'feature'...needless to say some people are a little miffed about it lol

personally I don't care....I get about as much battery life as I expect from a smartphone with large colourful touchescreen with always on connectivity etc..

yea....wasn't pretty the other day when I tripped on my laptop power cabled....I didn't pull the laptop off a table or anything...but the sudden jolt somehow un-seated either the memory or hard drive...and I had headaches for a while taking apart the machine and re-fitting everything lol

Tags: