1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone turns off in pocket

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jwaldmann, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jwaldmann

jwaldmann Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Hi guys,

I have just bought my Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) and am loving it. The only problem that I've found with it is that in my pocket, the button on the side tends to get pressed and it will turn off the phone. With my iphone this never really happened because the button was on the top and then you needed the slide to power off, unless you pressed the button for a long time (and it wasn't as easy to press as the Galaxy).

What I'm asking is if there is a app or something that will change the way that the phone turns off? Maybe that the phone won't turn off at the lock screen or when the phone is in standby, but that I need to unlock the phone and then turn it off, or maybe a slide to power off feature.

Thanks.

J.

Advertisement

2. Mada

Mada Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    School
    Alabama
    This is odd because a long press on the power button opens a menu of different items such as "Silent Mode" "Airplane Mode" and ect ect depending on your phone, however the last option has always been "Power Off". So how exactly is the phone turning off?

3. jwaldmann

jwaldmann Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    That's how the phone turns off. But when it is in my pocket and the button gets pressed for a long time (something in my pocket like keys presses it) then it turns off. I want to know if it is possible to disable this or to put an extra security measure to make sure that it won't happen.

J.