• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone turns off on it's own

BAMBAM86

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
So my HTC Vivid has powered down like 6 or 7 times on it's own today. Every time I turn it back on, it's working fine, but just continues to turn off on it's own! Today has been the most times it's turned off on it's own. I have Ice Cream sandwich. Anyone else having this problem? If so, any solutions? Thanks!

Mine has been doing the same thing for a while now. AT&T said it was an app so that was deleted and a factory reset was done on my own. The phone was still doing the same so I took it back to AT&T. The same tech then said he had to do the factory reset in store. He came back telling me to wait a few days before I add any new apps then add an app once a day to see what is causing the shut down.

Surprise, surprise...I have added no new apps. The factory reset done by AT&T was yesterday at 2 pm and the phone turned off about 4 hours later....Let's see what they say today.

Have you had any luck?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones