1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Phone turns off on it's own

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BAMBAM86, Sep 12, 2012.

1. BAMBAM86

BAMBAM86 New Member

Sep 12, 2012
    So my HTC Vivid has powered down like 6 or 7 times on it's own today. Every time I turn it back on, it's working fine, but just continues to turn off on it's own! Today has been the most times it's turned off on it's own. I have Ice Cream sandwich. Anyone else having this problem? If so, any solutions? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. krisking64

krisking64 New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Mine has been doing the same thing for a while now. AT&T said it was an app so that was deleted and a factory reset was done on my own. The phone was still doing the same so I took it back to AT&T. The same tech then said he had to do the factory reset in store. He came back telling me to wait a few days before I add any new apps then add an app once a day to see what is causing the shut down.

Surprise, surprise...I have added no new apps. The factory reset done by AT&T was yesterday at 2 pm and the phone turned off about 4 hours later....Let's see what they say today.

Have you had any luck?

3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    You clearly have a faulty Vivid. I would take it back and insist on a replacement phone, if it is still under warranty.

4. prasen

prasen New Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Hi,
    Mine was turning off atleast once everyday.
    Swapped the battery and 4th day running without a reset.
    It might worth a try before declaring the phone faulty.

Tags: