• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Updating Problems

KConman

Lurker
Mar 19, 2013
Hello, my Samsung Galaxy Fascinate S SGH-T959D refuses to update, its current Firmware version is 2.1-update1.

I have connection problems in regards to service for a long time, and every time i talk to TELUS about my issues i always get the same shit from them, saying oh you should buy a new phone, or send it away for 150$ which as a student is kinda hard for me to shell out.

Now the problems are not all the time but it is getting bothersome that i cant do everything that i want done.

Now my most recent call to telus has been somewhat helpful i would guess but they esentially told me to update my firmware. and they sent me links to the telus site saying DOWNLOAD KIES, INSTALL FIRMWARE, ... , Profit!

but no dice, i have been trying to update my firmware using this for months, and nothing has happened, i constantly get "Your device is not supported on Samsung Kies 2.0" please check that is supported. Thanks

This is getting rediculous for me and im really getting tired bouncing around with no results.

Thanks for any Opinions and help,

KCon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones