1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone upgrade after HTC Hero

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by hondito, Jul 6, 2011.

1. hondito

hondito Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Hi all,

I'm coming to the end of my term with my HTC Hero. It was my first Android phone and I've loved a ton of things about it. I also really liked the HTC overlay that allowed for more screens.

Some things I did NOT like about this phone:
    I miss my physical keyboard for texting. I've gotten used to a virtual keyboard, but I'm still not nearly as fast as I was with my old LG enV (loved that keyboard!!)
    This phone is so slow sometimes. If I get too many apps it says I have low memory and I have to delete some. There are some game apps that I couldn't even download because they were too big. There was often very long lags and sometimes the phone would start to overheat.

I'm staying with Sprint and so i was looking for recommendations on a new Android phone. Basically I'm looking for something with a lot more power and storage space. I'd also really like a keyboard, but that's not necessarily a dealbreaker.

Right now, the phones I'm considering are:
    EVO Shift
    EVO 4G
    EVO 3D
    Nexus S
    Samsung Epic

I'm also open to other suggestions. thanks for your help!

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Having only used the Epic in stores, I know it has a great keyboard. I'd definitely choose that over the Shift. There's also quite of bit of development on the Epic (since Samsung has basically abandoned it), so if you're into rooting and ROMing, it's a good choice. If you're able to go strictly touchscreen, I'd go with the EVO 3D. It's the latest technology phone so you'll get 2 years out of it no problem. It's also running Sense, so you'll be plenty familiar. Personally, if Verizon offered a Nexus (and hopefully they'll get the next iteration), it's always the choice I'd go with. Going from a Hero to any of these will be a HUGE upgrade, so get to a store and check them all out.