• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just tell them your issue. There isn't any need to make up anything, they will either help you out or they will replace it.

I just want to say that I agree with Agent 13. If the phone is fairly new, it should still be under warranty. Also if you have a Service Contract, they should either fix it or replace it.
If all else fails, and Virgin Mobile won't help, you could try contacting the Motorola customer service.

Upvote 0
Will VM cover it if u bought the phone off eBay?

yes. It doesn't matter where you bought it. It is covered for a year and the fact that the MT hasn't even been out a year means it really doesn't matter where you bought it...

i wanted a seald package and the tech support and they were like no but the replacment can be replaced againe if it has problems i was like ok nevermind imma call back againe at a later date and talk to a diff rep

Good luck getting a new one... More than likely no matter what you do you are gonna get a refurb unless you want to send your phone to motorola for a week+ to fix it.

Upvote 0
yes. It doesn't matter where you bought it. It is covered for a year and the fact that the MT hasn't even been out a year means it really doesn't matter where you bought it...

Good luck getting a new one... More than likely no matter what you do you are gonna get a refurb unless you want to send your phone to motorola for a week+ to fix it.

iv heard of people getting replacments in sealed packages before though:/

Upvote 0
iv heard of people getting replacments in sealed packages before though:/

sometimes they do sometimes they don't. It's the luck of the draw. I think a little while back they had a period where it seemed that everyone getting replacements where getting NIB ones. I think it really depends on their stock of refurbs.

Upvote 0
sometimes they do sometimes they don't. It's the luck of the draw. I think a little while back they had a period where it seemed that everyone getting replacements where getting NIB ones. I think it really depends on their stock of refurbs.

oooh VM....idk i mean i like the whole i will pretty much always get replacment phones and as many as i need but the thing is i may or may not be getting one that is worse off than mine i mean i understand that the phone not vibrating for notification but still i paid 300 for there "flagship phone" and its the same as if i bought one of there first flipphones....ugh why is vm so cheap? i kant eait to go to sprint or verizon lol

Upvote 0
oooh VM....idk i mean i like the whole i will pretty much always get replacment phones and as many as i need but the thing is i may or may not be getting one that is worse off than mine i mean i understand that the phone not vibrating for notification but still i paid 300 for there "flagship phone" and its the same as if i bought one of there first flipphones....ugh why is vm so cheap? i kant eait to go to sprint or verizon lol

why is VM so cheap? Cuz their prepaid... And sometime refurbs are better cuz they shhould be going through better QC than new phones...

Upvote 0
eh true true lol im not trying to argue though:p i just feel as a carrier they should have some sense of quality

i always look at it as the phones issues(mostly hardware but some software) are well known to motorola and they arn't doing anything to fix it, so VM isnt going to shell out there own money to fix a prepaid product that isn't theres in the first place

i just always hope for the best, lol, hopefully VM has seen the error in there ways from this phone and as far as ive seen they have no rumors of any new news of motorola phones coming out on there network

So my bottom line is, atleast they are willing to help us out as much as they can by replacing our phones, even if they are refurb replacements, cause technically speaking the refurb should have what ever issue it was sent in for fixed........should lol

Upvote 0
i always look at it as the phones issues(mostly hardware but some software) are well known to motorola and they arn't doing anything to fix it, so VM isnt going to shell out there own money to fix a prepaid product that isn't theres in the first place

i just always hope for the best, lol, hopefully VM has seen the error in there ways from this phone and as far as ive seen they have no rumors of any new news of motorola phones coming out on there network

So my bottom line is, atleast they are willing to help us out as much as they can by replacing our phones, even if they are refurb replacements, cause technically speaking the refurb should have what ever issue it was sent in for fixed........should lol

should SHOULD....but this is virgin mobile were talking about lol and isnt the triumph a rebranded huawei phone? or do people say that beacuse the specs are the same as the huawei ideo x6...ibthink thats the one lol but yea i like tge design of the huawei as oppesd to the motorola one lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones