1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone vocabulary

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by devin12383, Aug 9, 2011.

1. devin12383

devin12383 Member
    None

Dec 13, 2010
    :thinking:
    Anyone knows how to add words to the phones vocabulary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Advertisement

2. famished

famished Well-Known Member
    None

Dangit, since I flashed to 2.3.4 this doesn't work the same as it's simplified. If I remember correctly, all you do, is type in your word, long press it and you get an option to add. If you're using Swype, in the tutorial, there's instructions on how to do it. When you get 2.3.4 it automatically asks if you want to add any word you type into its lexicon.

3. 1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    What I'm wondering is if there is a way to delete words from the lexicon of suggested words. The feature can be so glitchy at times that you end up approving words (usually non-words) via the tempermental touchpad that seems to have a mind of its own.

I've seen ways to add a word, but not delete one. On the non-swype keyboard (2.3.4), you can press the little carat chevron to the right of the suggested words, and you will see a flyout menu of more word options, and a button that says "add word"- that's the one you want.

I can't find a way to delete the non-words that randomly get created... just another wonderful android attribute. GB is sure better than Froyo, though.

4. Basscasey

Basscasey Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    On Froyo with swype you type the word you want to erase from the dictionary, highlight it and press the swype button. It might ask you to confirm, I can't remember.

Not sure about the new swype keyboard and GB, haven't had to delete anything yet.

5. 1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I'll give that a try. Maybe I have to choose the swype keyboard to do it. We'll see and I'll let ya know.