• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone voice password to unlock

Is there an app to unlock my HTC Incredible by either voice OR alpha/numeric? For example in a crowded area I might want to type it, but if I'm alone in my car rather than typing I might want to just speak it out loud.

I searched but could not find anything that provides the voice unlock in any form.

Because then I still have to look down while driving and concentrate on the pattern instead of the road.

I would think it would not be difficult for someone who knows what they are doing to create something that integrates the voice recognition with the password software with 1 push of a button. I would definitely pay for this app!

If someone sees this and wants to create it, I don't want royalties or credit I just want the app!

Reactions: kevinosborn
Upvote 0
Because then I still have to look down while driving and concentrate on the pattern instead of the road.

I would think it would not be difficult for someone who knows what they are doing to create something that integrates the voice recognition with the password software with 1 push of a button. I would definitely pay for this app!

If someone sees this and wants to create it, I don't want royalties or credit I just want the app!

What are you trying to do with it while driving? Froyo offers hands free dialing.

Upvote 0
Hands free dialing AFTER I've unlocked the phone, yes. I want to unlock the phone hands-free.

Really? I was under the impression that you simply pressed a button on your headset and told it who to call. I don't have 2.2 on my phone as of yet so I can't say for sure. That's bogus that you have to unlock the phone before touching your headset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones