1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips phone warranty

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Canesfan, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    the Desert
    I investigated the extended (two yr.) warranty with this phone that ATT offered. It was like $5 extra/mo. and had a high deductable, so it didn't sound worth it to me.

Square Trade offers a two year warranty for about $125 with a lower deductable, which also sounds too pricey to me. Another great thing about iPhones was the $60 two year warranty which helped me out twice within the two years for service with the phone and replacemnt.

Is anyone aware of a good extended warranty for Androids like the Infuse?

Advertisement

2. PDConner

PDConner Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    I have thought about that too.. I am on my 2nd week with the phone and it has been replaced once already during the 30 day trial.. I too have only had iPhones and that warranty from them (APPLE) Rocks.. I called Samsung yesterday about this matter and the lady told me that with the ATT Insurance you dont get a NEW PHONE you only get a refurb.. IF your phone messes up and you send it to samsung (2 weeks with out phone) and they cant repair it then you get a NEW Phone.. I tell you some people need to learn from apple and apple needs to learn from others (Screen Size)... I am soo stuck at what I want to do.. I have all the iPhones I can fall back to if mine goes bad while it is being fixed but still you never know.. Why cant companies just back their products with "NOW RETURNS" and if it is broken or not working (swap it with a new for the trouble) and get on with it lol..

3. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    the Desert
    For anyone interested, you can get a 2yr. warranty on-sale now at SquareTrade.com. Yesterday only, it was 30% for a total of $94, but now that that has expired, they're still offering a 20% discount off the regular price of $124. Not sure, but try entering "CLASS" in the discount code box.