1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone went dead!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaymacks, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jaymacks

jaymacks Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Bought the Optimus V at end of February. Week later it went dead, and when plugged into the charger nothing happened - still dead. Took it back to Radio Shack and exchanged it - no problem. Used replacement phone for last month and really liked it; served my purposes perfectly. Last night I was checking ball scores at dinner and it just suddenly went black (dead). At the time it had a full charge on battery. Plugged it into charger - nothing,dead. Took it back to Radio Shack hoping to exchange. No luck - over 30 day warranty and they didn't have any more Optimus V's anyway. Fortunately I had bought Shack's long term protection plan which provides me with a store gift card in the amount I paid, plus tax, for the phone. Won't be getting another Optimus V despite all the generally positve reviews I see on the 'net. For me Virgin Mobile's deal was too good to be true.

Advertisement

2. Link2999

Link2999 Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Sounds very unlikely that this would happen; twice. Did you leave the phone in the charger overnight, or did you just plug it in for 5 minutes? Did you try to take out and then reinsert the battery? At one point my phone froze and had to do that for it to work again. Did you use the same outlet? Maybe your outlet is on the fritz? Did you root your phone or install a custom rom or install an outside/unsupported application, maybe you messed something up with the install process or got a virus.

3. Too Many Secre

None

Mar 15, 2011
    I've had to drop the battery a few times to get phone to reset/restart. One time I took out bat, put in and still nothing. Had to leave battery out for a minute and push top button, then reinsert before it would power up. Once it came back on, no problems.

Also, I think it's a good idea to power cycle after installing a new app, but maybe that's just me.

4. chiPersei

chiPersei Newbie
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    After I had mine a few weeks it went dead too. Additionally it got quite warm and would not cool down. I figured the electronics had fried and it was time for a new phone. Bummed me out cuz I had lots of apps, many paid, and don't know if there's a process to get them back. Long story short, I removed the battery to cool it off. When I put it back in presto, good as new. That was several weeks ago and no problem since. Moral to the story- if your phone ever goes dead, with or without heat, pull the battery. That just might do it.

5. lou61166

lou61166 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    PC Tech Owner Affordable computer repair.
    New Jersey
    You can always get back paid or free apps, they are linked to your google gmail account,and if the cpu gpu is overworking because of an out of control app the unit will get warm.

chiPersei likes this.
  6. smittyzz

smittyzz Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    O.M.G. DONT EVER leave it under the pillow charging!! i did one night be accident and i woke up, ive never felt a phone so hot! i thought it was fried for good, but it was still on so i pulled the battery and let it cool.

Tags: