• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Will Not Come Alive After Charging

I had my phone being charged while it was on. I disconnected it and it will not come alive again. It is still on because I see the blue light flashing on top. How do you force close it? Thanks!!

The best thing to do is remove the battery at this point. Carefully pry off the cover, starting at the little slot for that purpose on the upper left as you look at the phone from the back.. then just gently but firmly lift a bit at a time going around.

Take out the battery, the put it back in and go into recovery menu by holding down Home/Volume Up/Power at the same time. Once the White "Galaxy.." letters come on the screen, release all three buttons at the same instant and wait.

In a few seconds the bluish recovery menu will appear. Hit the power button with the "boot now" (or some such wording) highlighted (navigate the menu with the volume keys).

Let it reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones