• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone will not completely turn off

nickabbasi1

Mar 11, 2012
I love this phone, it just keeps throwing some strange problems at me....

For at least the last month or so, I've noticed that my phone will not completely turn off. What I mean is that when I turn it off, it acts like its plugged in and charging, or it just reboots and starts up again.

I can't pinpoint when this started ( I rarely ever turn my phone off), so I'm unsure what I could have done that would cause this. I can say I bought the phone last July-ish and that I rooted it in the first 24 hours of owning it (but I'm almost positive I turned it off at least once since then...?), and when I noticed this problem, I wiped it and even put a new rom on it for giggles (project X; sick @$$ rom).

I don't know, this isn't a major concern to me, as everything else is fine, it's just annoying. anyone else ever have this?

Reactions: bilgerryan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones