1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support phone will not cut on but charge screen shows up powered off

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Tyyland, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Tyyland

Tyyland Lurker
    None

Apr 12, 2016
    Female
    No matter how long I hold the power button down, or take the battery out, my phone will not turn on. My problem is my phone will charge and it will have the load bar pop up that indicates its about to charge, and the charge screen will come on while it is off, with the battery image filling up and so forth. The buttons at the bottom vibrate and light up when touched as well. The screen dims as usual after a while, and all buttons light the screen backup except power. Originally when i picked up my phone and saw a black screen and pressed power to bring the screen back on; i thought maybe my screen went out or broke or something of that nature.Which i havent dropped it or anything and had just used it like a hour earlier made a phone call. Then i was like ok maybe it died let me charge it; it charged as usual. After awhile i tried to turn it on and nothing at all happened, so i left it for a bit more, same thing. I have took the battery out about a hundred times. There was only one other time when my phone was only loading in reboot mode or something and i just took the battery out and it came back on normal, like months ago when i first go the phone. Im like tripping out because im expecting super important phone call tomorrow or later today from my job. Like i dont know what to do man everything seems to work but the power button and turning on. my phone is samsung btw with sprint. I do not charge my phone unless it is dead like in the battery is in red and beeping noise (like 15 percent-7 percent) and only enough for full charge. Which I will go days without charging my phone because I like literally dont use it much at all and when i do its to make a phone call which dont ever last more than like 20 minutes maybe if even that.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

It sounds to me like you are correct _ the power button is broken and needs repair.

Can you take the SIM out and use a different phone to receive your important call? (If it has a SIM)