• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone will not so much as try to boot up. please help

i went to pick up my LG G6 to make a call. i noticed the screen was gray and had some little print.....it said, "ram dump recovery" or something along those lines. i would push th the home button and it would give me the lg logo. i got home and googled what to do and none of the common fixes helped. next thing i know it was telling me the battery was at 0%. so i put it on charge for 30 mins and come back to it and it wont do anything at all now.

first lets get this thing charged up and running. have you tried different cables? different chargers? if you can't power the phone up, there is not much you can do, unfortunately.
first lets get this thing charged up and running. have you tried different cables? different chargers? if you can't power the phone up, there is not much you can do, unfortunately.
ok i took the back off and somehow the battery cable was loose. it is charging and is up to 54%. i am hoping that this thing will start back up normally. if it does.....i am still having issues with it that i cant seem to resolve.

Upvote 0
thank you for the help. sometimes it is necessary to be reminded of the simplest things in life. I broke the lcd display a few months ago on my LG G6. I noticed that the phone would no longer ring . It would work fine in my truck through the Bluetooth connection. so i ordered an external speaker along with the screen. i replace the parts but the ext. speaker still doesnt work nor does the audio jack. well the other day while on a call ( in the truck) someone was beeping in as i hung up and the phone rang through the phone speaker for a 1-2 seconds. so i know the speaker works but i just figure this out.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones