• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone will not vibrate when text message comes in.

I had a similar problem and finally figured it out. Because texting is done through its own Messaging app, it has it's own settings separate from the general phone settings.

If you open up the messaging app and hit the three dots in the lower right-hand corner you can get to messaging settings, which include a "vibrate" setting at the very bottom (This is in android 4.0)

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
I had a similar problem and finally figured it out. Because texting is done through its own Messaging app, it has it's own settings separate from the general phone settings.

If you open up the messaging app and hit the three dots in the lower right-hand corner you can get to messaging settings, which include a "vibrate" setting at the very bottom (This is in android 4.0)

I also knew about these settings as well and had them set appropriately.
I recently lost the phone because I turned the screen off and it never came back on, but I fixed this problem before it happened by resetting the phone through setting and hit factory data reset

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones