Help Phone will only boot into recovery.

DKHay

I was updating to death2all110's latest beta of 4.4 from an older version and now the phone will only boot into recovery. I've tried wiping and loading a backup but neither have worked. Any suggestions?

DKHay

Yea, I used the pwnage tool, my only guess to what happen something bugged while I was flashing the .zip.

Neph81

Android Expert
I was updating to death2all110's latest beta of 4.4 from an older version and now the phone will only boot into recovery. I've tried wiping and loading a backup but neither have worked. Any suggestions?
You installed a bad copy of CWM most likely and it's not clearing your reboot flag.

Grab this, flash it and reboot twice. The second time should kick you out of CWM.

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/cwm_touch/CWM_6.0.4.5_Spec-Assert_fixed.zip

Also, flashing any KK roms requires you to be on CWM 6.0.4.5 and the unlock tool comes with 6.0.1.1

Right my phone has done the same, how do i install the new version of CWM? tried to reboot phone and it gets stuck on galaxy ace screen, tried to install the zip and it says installtion aborted, tried to reboot in recovery mode and nothing happens?

Neph81

Android Expert
This is not built for the galaxy ace and if you tried to install it on that phone, you would brick it. Recoveries are custom made. Please use only the ones built for your phone.