1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone will only charge if it's connected to a computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cutecat42, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Cutecat42

Cutecat42 Member

It won't charge when connected to the wall or car charger. So, here's the story.

I just bought a used phone from Amazon. Everything was fine on it, except it wouldn't charge from anywhere (not even when plugged into the computer). I found a fix on Youtube that said to cut a charger, and use the red and black cords to charge the phone with the two button thingies next to the battery (on the left). It worked, but only when the phone was on. I left it to charge overnight, and it got up to 90% after like 8 hours. I thought I might as well keep the phone since it charges that way, but after a few hours, I decided to see if it charged the regular way. It did. Through the computer, and the wall.

Now, though, it only charges through the computer (and the fix I found). I have no clue how I made it start working, and now that it's stopped again, it's bugging me. I've tried everything, factory reset, wipe cache, wipe delvik cache, taking battery out for 30 seconds, etc. Yes, I'm rooted, but I don't see how that would effect anything. It wasn't charging when I wasn't rooted, and it started charging after I rooted. Any ideas on how to fix it? Because my battery charges SUPER SLOW on the computer AND the fix. It's worse using the cut up cable, I think...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Nickforever216

Nickforever216 Well-Known Member

Ask for a refund? Did that person mention this issue at all? You try a different charger? Different wall socket? My friend has a similar problem it was weird. It only happened at his house. Anywhere else it worked fine. The problem was the house wiring I guess. It was an old house. I think your problem is a faulty phone. Oh and one more thing you could get insurance $7 a month. Take it in and get a new one.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews