• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone wont boot after Froyo upgrade

I have a big problem with my Galaxy S immediately after upgrading to the JPM/Froyo firmware.

Immediately after the update the phone attempted to reboot, and now stays on the Galaxy S logo way too long before the screen goes blank and only the bottom two buttons are illuminated. And it just stays like that.

I have a feeling that it might have something to do with the OneClickLagFix that was installed on the phone; maybe the upgrade didn't like the lag fix being there.

Also, on pressing VolumeDn, Home and Power to get the recovery screen, the screen is replaced with a yellow "Downloading... Do not turn off Target!!!" splash. So there are no recovery options.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I misread the screen, and it is much more likely that it was JM1 that I installed, if that makes a difference.

Hello, I think I've just bricked my galaxy s, yes I did not remove root or oclf before the update to 2.2.

But the biggest problem is, there no working keys at boot, the volume up, home and power does not work on this phone as any other key, the method I used for rooting the phone was with adb and usb debugging.

Now it boots, stays there for awhile and just vibrates occasionaly...

Anything I can try before sending this to samsung?!

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Hello, I think I've just bricked my galaxy s, yes I did not remove root or oclf before the update to 2.2.But the biggest problem is, there no working keys at boot, the volume up, home and power does not work on this phone as any other key, the method I used for rooting the phone was with adb and usb debugging.Now it boots, stays there for awhile and just vibrates occasionaly...Anything I can try before sending this to samsung?!Thanks!!!
The only thing you can do right now apart from sending it back is to make a homemade factory jig. Search for it in the xda i9000 forum. Essentially it's a usb connector with a resistor attached to it. Some folks found out that within a certain range of resistance the phone will boot into recovery or download mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones