• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone won't boot and no backup!

I desperately need someone's help!! My brother installed DarkyROM on my phone and lately my phone has become incredibly unstable and constantly force stopping apps, including Launcher. I had turned my phone off earlier this evening and when I turned it back on, it will not load past the DarkyROM loading page. The bar on the page still moves, but the phone won't boot.

I'm assuming I will need to do a factory reset but my problem is in the fact that I have no backup of my phone. I'm mostly concerned about my pictures and videos. I need these, but don't know how to be able to get them off my phone safely.

Someone please help!!!

Welcome to the forums, Tinkerbelle.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I assume you have a custom recovery installed like Clockwork Mod or TWRP? If so you can go into it and perform a factory reset there. It won't erase your photos or videos. If that doesn't work, we can start finding stock firmware you can push to your phone.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums, Tinkerbelle.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I assume you have a custom recovery installed like Clockwork Mod or TWRP? If so you can go into it and perform a factory reset there. It won't erase your photos or videos. If that doesn't work, we can start finding stock firmware you can push to your phone.

I'm not sure if I have anything like that. I know when I am in the recovery mode, it says Semaphore CWN Revocery v5.5.0.4, not sure if that helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones