• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone won't boot. Battery/Charge Issue.

Hi guys,

I had a wee search through the forums but couldn't find a thread that highlights the same issue I'm having.

It started yesterday. I woke up and took my phone off charge. Even after I unplugged the charging cable the screen still displayed the message "Battery charged too 100%. Please remove charging cable". So I turned it off and on again. When it started up again I noticed that when the phone wasn't used and the screen dimmed down, it never fully turned off the display (unless I pressed the power button to lock the phone).

So I turned the phone off and removed the battery for ~30 seconds, popped it back in - and the phone was working normally.

So this morning I had the same issue...

I woke up, unplugged the phone and it still said "Battery 100% charged. Please remove charge cable".

So I turned the phone off and tried to turn it back on. But it will not start.
Even though no cable is connected, the phone still displays a charging icon.

galaxys2issue.jpg

As you can see no cable is attached.

I've tried swapping battery to a spare and I'm having the same issue.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

I cleaned out the USB port of any dust and lint and I also performed a factory reset.
I started receiving another battery related issue. A yellow triangle with an exclamation mark beside the battery icon.

I've dismantled the phone and ordered a replacement USB Port Flex Cable. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

My phone is currently on contract with Orange/EE, however the contract ends soon and I was wondering, is there a way to wipe the Orange OS that came supplied and use a default Android OS?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones