1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Phone wont boot, need help ASAP! please and thank you.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nitestalkr, Aug 20, 2011.

1. nitestalkr

nitestalkr Android Enthusiast
    None

last night i was switching the battery out to charge a more depleted one, and i noticed that it was taking a little long to boot up, but i passed out to give it any further thought.
    and then when i woke up, 8 hours later, to check my phone, i noticed it was still on the android boot screen/animation. is there anyway to fix this? i need to get it fixed asap.
    any kind of help would be very much appreciated!

and just when my situation couldnt get any odder, i some how received a txt while the boot animation was just looping non stop, and now i can access just txt messaging. no other apps, system apps, or anything booted. oh and i now can go into USB storage mode/debugging mode. but thats it. nothing else.

ok so i tested a quick theory, and it kinda worked, while its booting up, i waited a little bit, but the animation was still going, and then i called my phone, and the animation ended, so i at least now can get to debugging and usb mode. but thats it, its as if i dont have anything on my phone at all, no home launcher, no apps, nothing, just a black screen with a status bar. should i try to flash over a new rom? if so, how would i do that? i dont even know where to begin.
    please, any advice is greatly appreciated!

i have no use of any other functions of the phone, so if there is a way to fix this by just simply having my phone plugged into my computer, then please tell me how!

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    You will need to establish ADB in your system path of your PC first, go here Welcome to the Frontpage click on the prepackaged ADB installer and follow the instructions(should only take about 10 min. tops)
    Then you will need the LG drivers for the phone installed on your PC,go here http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/LG-Optimus-V.zip

When you got that done, we can go from there.

3. nitestalkr

None

and i think i fixed it on my own, so far so good.. heres what i did.
    since all i could do to get out of the boot loop was receive a txt or call, (i still dont know how that managed to work) when i recieved another txt, luckily i was using GO SMS Pro as my default, and i didnt intall all the add ons, i clicked to install the GO Chat add on, and it took me to the browser to install the app, so after a few trys, i managed to navagate to google.com within the 2 seconds i was able to do so before the browser closed, and then i searched andexplorer.apk cause i knew that it can be installed from the dev site directly to the phone, and after i intalled the app, i opened it up, and navigated to my torrents folder (yes i install android app torrents) remembering that i had a lot of launcher apps. so i installed a random launcher app and sat there for a second, then i was google-ing and came across this : http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-a...animation.html and followed it, and now im installing a custom rom, this one to be exact: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ify-fixed.html

i will post if i have success with this.
    (i still have no idea why my phone mysteriously did that.)

4. nitestalkr

None

and i was successful. i really couldnt of done it with out some of the tuts here.
    thank you,

yogi-4 likes this.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Glad to hear it's working.That's what this forum is all about. You learn more by reading the experiences of other members. And the other members help those with problems they themselves learned to solve with the help of, other members.

6. yogi-4

yogi-4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Truck Driver
    Steeler Country
    It's good to see that my 'How To' helps people. Harmonia I hear is an awesome ROM. You have to admit, it's got to be better than the stock ROM! ;)

Don't be shy on trying other ROMs as well. (just make sure you backup before you do). I've tried several but find that the BACKSide ROM is personally best for me.

Tags: