1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Phone won't boot - "samsung update error"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ryanps777, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    help. I have a rooted Android transform and last night it just shut itself off and when it came back on it said "samsung update error" then went to a blanck gray and black screen. I could still recieve phone calls and pull down from the top info screen. Then today it turned itself off again and now just sits at the second Samsung load screen. i tried removing my memory card and doing the hard reset several times but it acts like I am not holding the vol and voice buttons down and just goes right through the music load screen then to the blinking Samsung screen and just stays there.
    HELP
    I need this phone.

Advertisement

2. Unbreach

Unbreach Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    Did you hold Volume down, power, and voice till turns on? Then let go before load? Should go into recovery.

If not ill be home in an hour and would like to help. You sort this tonight.

Also, how'd you root what method? Who's recovery?ad what rom?

Peaski

Samsung Transormed
    Vampireos Ext4
    Filthy Pandas Transginger 2.0 (wooooot!)

Ryanps777 likes this.
  3. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    Still stock rom, J Rummies back up just because it has more features then Titanium and he has helped with other phone bugs in the past so I trust his work. And dolphin Launcher. I had moved a few system apps but only ones that were on several safe list and removed sprint ID. It worked fine though after I did that for several days. I was actually loving My transform for the first time since a month after i got it.

4. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    Oh and yes I did exactly what samsung and you said to do for hard reset but it just ignores it. plus if i hold the power button even a half second to long it shuts back down. I personally think my phone did an auto update that screwed it up because the one time it loaded partially after shutting itself off it said Samsung update error before going to that black and gray screen. I can't remember which app I finally had to use to get root. I know I tried Z4root but it wouldn't work and superone click didn't work either. give me a few min and i will find out though. thanks for offering to help by the way.

5. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ok I used Intercept root that I got from wwjoshdew of you tube fame for his how to do anything to your phone videos.

wwjoshdew likes this.
  6. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    I think I finally got it. I just wasn't leaving my battery out long enough. I went to Another Samsung site and it said to leave the battery and memory card out for at least 5-10 min before trying to get into recovery so I did that and poof i am in recovery. ahhhhg I was wrong i don't got it now another error comes up saying(process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly.

7. Cooper271

Cooper271 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    You can't even boot into recovery mode?

Ryanps777 and Unbreach like this.
  8. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    After leaving the Battery "out for several hours it finally let me do a reset, unfortunately it did not help. Now it just freezes on a check to allow roaming screen but it womt let me check the ok box, only the try again or force to close. If i push menu nothing happens and if i hit home it says no recent apps. I put a fix zip file on my memory card but it says no such file when i try to load in custom recovery.sometimes the search button takes me to a google agreement page but once i check yes it goes to a black screen. Also sometimes the voicecall button and camera work but as soon as closed black and gray screen. Probably the weirdest thing is that i can still recieve and answer calls.

9. Unbreach

Unbreach Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    My apologies man. I'm. Slack.

Did you sort it?

I found out of all the root tools for transform, the only methoth that worked proper for me with out flaws was Coopers http://androidforums.com/transform-all-things-root/317172-how-why-root-newbies.htmlusing that SWUpdater works as charm. I found it worked on one lappy but not another. No reason why.

Can you get it into the blue download screen? Vol down/power/cam?

If so, may be option for you

Idk how much it means to stay stock, but I've found vampireos ext4 and 210 recovery with pandas transginger 2.0mg ROM has been best for me so far. (Anyone with. Better suggestion for this beast to run faster and look decent, PLEASE suggest)

Ima noob, but I've managed to install few diff roms n even had to do a unbrick. Don't know if I did it right.

Coop held it down on the instructions for my comprehentions so ups for him.

Hope you've sorted. I'm off contract so I don't mind destroying it. Ill try anything

Ill check back this time :p

Username@gmail if I'm caught up

10. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    hey no worries, I'm a noobie also.
    Unfortunately it is still doing the same goofy stuff i last posted.

11. Unbreach

Unbreach Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    ok. So flash it back to stock. Or can you not get to download screen when holding down vol down, power, and camera. NOT voice. ? Hold it till resets couple times see if goes to blue dpwnload screen, if so, follow how to flash back to stock or unbrick. SWUpdater I only way I know to proper do anything.

Ryanps777 likes this.
  12. Unbreach

Unbreach Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    ok. So flash it back to stock. Or can you not get to download screen when holding down vol down, power, and camera. NOT voice. ? Hold it till resets couple times see if goes to blue dpwnload screen, if so, follow how to flash back to stock or unbrick. SWUpdater I only way I know to proper do anything.

Ryanps777 likes this.
  13. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    I had never heard of holding the camera instead of voice. I will su:cool:re try it.

14. Ryanps777

Ryanps777 Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    Piqua, Ohio
    can't get the computer to read that it is plugged in to the usb inorder to download anything. i tried putting it on th sd card but the phone won't read it.