• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone won't boot up or charge properly

I have a sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini that doesn't seem to want to boot or charge properly. This probably all started when I got caught in the rain yesterday and the phone got a bit wet. I tried to keep it out of the rain in my bag as best I could until I got inside. It started acting funky like it has for me before when I've been in the rain (turning on and off Hands-free mode itself, activating S voice, changing to high accuracy GPS, weird stuff like that) and had some difficulty staying on the charger. I shut it off and dried the phone on my drive home and it seemed to be fine when I turned it back on. It died today during one of my classes since I forgot to bring a charger with me. I got to where I could charge it and started to turn it on and plugged in the charger. It came up with the battery at 8% and not charging even though it was plugged in I saw the level dip to 7% briefly and then the phone shut itself off. (I also heard the sound from the sprint spark logo when it did boot which was strange as I always keep my phone on silent and get notifications on my pebble.) It started rhythmically vibrating every couple of seconds while it was plugged into the charger but never brought up the green battery charging screen. I unplugged the charger which stopped the vibrating, started to power it on, and replugged in the charger (note I charge off my laptop since I don't keep a wall adapter with me). This time it went through the boot up animations (again playing the sprint spark sound) and instead of coming to the lock screen it put itself in download mode. I don't know what's going on, I need this phone for work and school and can't upgrade until next week.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones