1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone won't boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by omgu8myrice, May 24, 2011.

1. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Member

Ever since this crappy 2.2 upgrade, my phone has been having issues. First it started off with awful battery life. Then my phone started having a wonky connection where I wasn't getting calls, or I wouldn't receive a text for 30 mins and then all of a sudden 5 would come in. Then I finally started getting this thign where my screen would stop responding to touches, and I'd have to turn it on/off.

Finally the screen got so bad to the point where I'd have to pull the battery every 30 mins to fix a non-responsive screen that I factory reset it today. It seemed to work fine for a few hours, and then a bit ago the screen stopped responding again. I pulled the battery, reset it, and the phone wont' load past the Samsung screen now.

I took it to verizon, they're sending me a new one, but it'll be a few days before I get it (apparently they don't offer loaner phones nor do they give free overnight shipping - f*ck you Verizon, only they could charge more than any other carrier and not provide a crappy loaner phone). In the mean time, does anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing to maybe boot up while i"m waiting on the new one?

I tried holding the power button + vol buttons, but that didn'' seem to to anything. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert

Do you by any chance have ODIN on your computer? You could try and force load the OS and see I'd that works (tends to help people when they've messed up their phones after rooting and need to return to stock). Just a thought.

3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Yeah I would say Odin it back to 2.1 stock, if you check out the root section you can get some good guides.

4. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Android Enthusiast

5. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Member

no, but it's funny you'd say that because I am on that site. I wonder why someone else has this name.. I thought I was the only one original enough to steal it from my friend!

6. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Android Enthusiast

What's your UN on 8th? Do u have an 8th gen civic?

...forums are funny places!

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews