1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone Won't Boot

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by IWetMyPhone, Oct 1, 2014.

1. IWetMyPhone

IWetMyPhone Guest

Hello. I dropped my phone (alcatel one touch idol) in the flood earlier and at first it was working fine. I was bothered with the water that got in the camera so i decided to open the back cover (the phone doesn't open easily because it's battery is built in) but when i managed to open it, i heard something spinning and smelled something burnt (?) not sure though. After that it won't boot but when you charge the phone, the notification light still lights up. I am planning to go to a repair shop tomorrow but i can't stop thinking about it and wonder if it could still work. I'm till a student and don't want to bother my parents to buy me another phone. (My old HTC One V died last december/november) Can someone tell me what should i do for the meantime or explain what happened?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

I dont hold much hope for your phone, but until thats confirmed, unplug it, put it into a sealed bag of uncooked rice (to absorb as much water as possible) and cross fingers! If you're really lucky, it may just be a shorted battery...

Roger