1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone won't charge at all anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by keiladlt, Sep 17, 2011.

1. keiladlt

keiladlt Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Hi guys, I have a problem with my phone.. Two days ago I left my charger at a friends house and my phone completley died. Yesterday however my other friend let me borrow his spare charger. I plugged it in and it seemed to be fine I even replied to a text. Then 1 hr later I check it and it's not charging at all. Left it over night and this morning I wake up and not even the red light is showing. the only way it will "turn on" is if I remove the battery while being plugged in. It however turns off seconds after i put in my pattern password. This is really frustrating me. What do I do? I really want to avoid having to buy another battery. It's never failed me and I've had this phone for a about a month now...

Advertisement

2. orb

orb Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Was the charger the correct one for your phone? If not you may have fried/damaged the battery.

When you say you've had the phone for a month, do you mean it is a brand new phone? If so I'd send it back under warranty.

3. keiladlt

keiladlt Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    No the charger looks like a standard charger... Has no brand or anything. Yes it's new. When I plug it in the red light is on, but after a while the red light goes off?

4. orb

orb Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    If I were you I'd get your own charger back and hopefully your phone will charge ok again.

Using a different charger is not a good idea, especially if you don't know how it's been used or looked after. It may have different specs, or even be faulty.

5. Oimmuk

Oimmuk Newbie
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    yes not all chargers are teh same and some can actually damage your phone, either go to Metropcs and buy a new one or go to your"Friends" and get your old one. Oh, and as a side note do not take it with you again, use the USB plug from a computer with the cable, I have teh charger but i keep mine charged with the comp all the time

6. starxpilot

starxpilot Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Loss Prevention Agent
    Garland
    My AC phone charger started making a strange noise..now only charge with phone when I have to.

Not all chargers are the same, third party chargers should NEVER be used, use whatever it came with in the box.

Its possible you fried the battery, as mentioned, which would force your option to go back to metro under warranty, again already mentioned.

Never swap chargers for any reason whatsoever.

Tags: