1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone won't charge but discharges. Now dead!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Duffer, May 6, 2019.

1. Duffer

Duffer Lurker

I have a new battery and a new charger (three in fact). The battery is continuing to discharge like the old one and is now completely dead so doing this on a tablet.

Is there a solution with the phone already dead and refusing to charge please?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

charge up a battery and then do a factory reset. hopefully that will help.....not sure what else you can do.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

If you have root you can calibrate the battery using a battery calaberation tool app

ctk beck and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Duffer

Duffer Lurker

Thank you. I'll try these things, or at least ask my family!

ocnbrze and Deleted User like this.
  5. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Could be a bad charging board or dirty USB port...

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Does your new chargers work with other devices?

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ctk beck

ctk beck Newbie

:thumbsupdroid:

ocnbrze and Deleted User like this.
  8. Duffer

Duffer Lurker

Thank you all. The chargers do work with other devices. I managed to charge it to 36% last night but then it started to discharge again so will do it again if I can and try factory settings. If all fails, I shall have to take it to be repaired if they can.

Deleted User likes this.
  9. msohailzc12

msohailzc12 Lurker

I was facing same problem..try charging your phone after turning it off.and make sure your charger is turbo power or its orignal charger.this will definitely work.

10. msohailzc12

msohailzc12 Lurker

I was facing same problem..try charging your phone after turning it off.and make sure your charger is turbo power or its orignal charger.this will definitely work.

Motorola Moto G Plus (5th Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G Plus (5th Gen) release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews