• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone won't charge could it be the charging port?

zz77

May 27, 2012
In the last few days I had trouble charging my phone when plugging in the cable it won't charge at all even taking out the cable and putting it back in it won't help.
I then have to move the cable back and forth while its still plugged in the phone until I hit it at a angle then it will charge I even tried with a another cable and get the same results.
I have to move the cable in order for it to charge, does it mean the charging port is giving in is there any way to fix it?

Reactions: jennifer1981
You should also think about trying a different USB cable. From what you're described, it's not definitive that the USB port on your phone is actually the source of your problem. It could also be something like a short in the wire of the cable or even something like the plug is worn in some way so the metal contacts inside it just aren't lining up with the metal contacts inside your phone's USB port.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones