1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone won't connect to home Wi-fi anymore

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    I have had this phone for 6 months. Until about 2 weeks ago, it would connect to my home Wi-Fi router ( Linksys ea-4500 Dual Band). I performed the perfunctory software update from Verizon and, ever since, the device will not connect to the home Wi-Fi. I travel quite a bit and have no issue connecting to any other router. There are 4 laptops, 2 iPhones and a Kindle Fire all of which can connect. It is just my phone having the problem. When I try to connect I get a message that simply says "Authentication Problem" but I have no ability to diagnose any further than that. I have spoken with support from Linksys and Verizon. They sent me a new phone but I am still having the same problem. Any thoughts???

Advertisement

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    Hello and welcome to the forums.

Doing some quick searching, it seems that the Galaxy S4 has been exhibiting this issue. However, I can't confirm if this is your phone without more information.

However, if that is the case and it was caused by a software update, it might be possible to request your carrier to roll back the software on your phone until the issue is resolved.

DonB likes this.