1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone won't connect to laptop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Springstep, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Springstep

Springstep Lurker

I'm trying to connect my phone to my laptop in order to transfer music from one device to the other, but when I plug my USB cable in with my phone, the laptop says that the last USB device connected corrupted and now the current device can't be recognized. is there any way to make it work again? I tried switching both devices on and off again, and that's the best I can do alone :/

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

What operating system and which version is your computer running?
    If it's Windows, try removing the Samsung USB driver and reinstalling it. You might want to just install Samsung's 'Smart Switch' utility, which will automatically install the latest valid Samsung driver during the install process:
    https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/
    Other things to try would be to use a different USB cable, preferably the one that came with your Note. If you're plugging your Note into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into one of your computer's USB ports.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews