1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Phone wont go to sleep

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tuftslax, Nov 24, 2010.

1. tuftslax

tuftslax Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Hey everyone,

So I'm currently running the newest rubix build with the leaked version, but I've had this problem with other roms before this. I notice sometimes my phone just wont go to sleep and no matter what I cant figure out why. I dont have any crazy apps or services running in the background and in fact I think my wifi is part of the problem. For example, today I've had the phone off the charger for about 3 hours. I just checked it, and despite my screen only being on for about 30 mins (also no streaming or background data being used that I know of) my phone was running the entire time (100% reading in spare parts). I also noticed my wifi use in battery manager was high so I shut of wifi and of course the phone finally goes to sleep almost immediately after.

I can't replicate this problem everytime although I havent fully tried, but I do know I've had a similar problem before on other roms. Am I missing something as to why wifi is preventing my phone from sleeping?

Advertisement

2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I'm have similar issues where my screen does not turn off on it's own and like you I can not replicate the problem or figure out what's going on. It happens once or twice a day.

3. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Southaven, MS
    Make sure in USB settings there isn't a development box checked. I found that to keep mine from sleeping as well.