1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone won't launch.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Justinic, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Justinic

Justinic Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    This is a weird one for me. When I click the Phone button on HTC sense, instead of opening the phone dialer, it just pops up a little box that says "Phone" and that's it. I've got a few other launchers installed, and when I click the phone icon on them it tells me the application is not installed. I can still receive calls or make calls by selecting someone in my contacts, but I have no idea how to actually dial a number without this open. Any help would be amazing.

Advertisement

2. Justinic

Justinic Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    I should also add that I've tried restarting the phone several times. I installed Dialer One and it is working, but I never had a problem with the stock phone, and I'd like to know what caused the issue.

3. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    Are you using ADW or Launcher Pro? If so, long press the icon you are having trouble with. It should bring up the option to change the action or something similar to that. Click that and go under applications. Once there, scroll down to the phone. Click it. Once you do this, you may have to change the icon look again if you have a custom one.

4. Justinic

Justinic Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    I have them installed, but I'm not currently using any of them, I'm using HTC Sense at the moment. I was just checking in them to see if the phone worked, I'll try the long press. Not sure what to do to fix Sense though.

5. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    First let's confirm that you didn't suddenly lose the stock Phone app. I know the "Phone" button on the Sense stock launcher doesn't work, but if you open the app drawer, is the "Phone" app there?

If so, then is seems like a shortcut issue with the stock launcher. If not, then somehow the phone app got removed from your phone. In either case, a hard reset may be a solution.

6. Justinic

Justinic Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    When I open my application list, Phone is not listed there.

I know a hard reset returns the phone to how it started. Is there any easy way to reinstall all the apps I have if I do this, or is it a manual re-install for every one of them? It seems like a lot of work if it is, and the Dialer One app is working fine for me at the moment. I just wanted the default back if there was an easy fix for it.

7. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    Once you signed in to Google after a reset, they apps would all automatically reisntall onto your phone. But still, I agree it's a bit inconvenient. If Dialer One works for you, I'd stick with it. Do some research and see if this is a widespread problem, and if so, is HTC working on a fix for it. This will tell you if you will ever get an update that gives you Phone back or not.