• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Won't "Mount"

I have a iMac G5 and when I plug the Ascend it won't mount any more. It used to but the option to "mount" or "not mount" won't pop up any more. Or it will pop up on the phone screen but for a quick second and when I do get a chance to press it before it disappears, it does nothing. How do I access the folders to add music to the phone or "mount" my phone again?

Are you using the cable that came with the phone? I've never had a cable work that wasn't the one that came in the box with the phone.

Yea I am I think that may be the problem a long with the fact that I used to just straight unplug the cable from the computer without ejecting or "unmounting" could it be the cable? I can charge the phone just fine.

I actually managed to fix it for a sec. what I did was eject the SD card then put it back in. It would work the first time after I did this but not since.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'll jump in. :)

I recently flashed to cm6 and when I plug my phone into my mac I get the little cd icon that I assume points to somewhere in the internal memory. That is the same as it has always been.

The problem is that when I select "mount" or rather USB mode as it is titled now, it never pops up on my desktop as it used to.

I am actually wanting to flash to icarus to hopefully resolve SMS and battery draining issues I am having. (otherwise I love the SPEEEEEED)

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones