• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone won't read on Mac or PC

burian89

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
Have a rooted Evo 4G, and have had no problems switching roms or using anything on my phone in over a year. I've had the Synergy Kingdom Nightly rom on my phone for about a month now, and was going to update it to something else yesterday. I plugged in my phone to my USB on my Macbook, and it didn't appear on the computer or in my notifications on my phone. I've tried turning debugging off and back on, I've tried different cables and also different computers including PC's. I've switched back to different roms(always cleaning the cache/dalvik/factory wipe) and I still cannot get it to read..

I just want to switch roms and be able to transfer data from my phone to my PC via USB... someone please help me.

Thanks,
Cameron

Have a rooted Evo 4G, and have had no problems switching roms or using anything on my phone in over a year. I've had the Synergy Kingdom Nightly rom on my phone for about a month now, and was going to update it to something else yesterday. I plugged in my phone to my USB on my Macbook, and it didn't appear on the computer or in my notifications on my phone. I've tried turning debugging off and back on, I've tried different cables and also different computers including PC's. I've switched back to different roms(always cleaning the cache/dalvik/factory wipe) and I still cannot get it to read..

I just want to switch roms and be able to transfer data from my phone to my PC via USB... someone please help me.

Thanks,
Cameron
i get this from time to time, but i have a loose port. what works for me is if i reboot my computer and phone and then re-connect it to the pc.

Upvote 0
My first post indicated that I've tried on Macs, and multiple PC's around my house and at work. It just won't read at all.

sounds like a hardware issue. you might have a bad port then. try taking it in to sprint and see what they say. they told me that since i have insurance that i have to go through asurion and get it replaced which means that i have to use my $100 deductible to get it replaced. sucks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones