• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone wont reboot in recovery mode

kind of new to rooting, not sure how to do that?

Power off your phone. Hold volume down+power til it comes up on a white screen. It will have your hboot version at the top, s-off(if you are rooted), baseband version and a couple other things. It will try and scan for a file and shouldnt find it. use the volume buttons to go to recovery and hit power to select. Does it take you to recovery? If not, what does it do and what comes up on the screen?

Upvote 0
Go here: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html and download the zip file for Clockworkmod 2.6.0.1. Follow the directions there to flash it and see if you can get your recovery back. It sounds like Rom manager might have some how corrupted your recovery. Amon RA recovery is more stable in my opinion but I don't know how many backups you have. If you want to go with Amon, Download the zip file for Amon RA 2.3 and follow the same directions to get it flashed. Either way, once you get your recovery back, I would suggest doing everything through recovery and not using Rom Manager as it can cause these kids of issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones