1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Phone won't reboot into SPRecovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by headbanger51, Oct 16, 2010.

1. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    I have SPRecovery (haven't updated it in a long time) on my phone as well as the latest version of ClockworkMod/ROM Manager. I cannot install or backup ROMs because RM won't reboot into SPRecovery. Also, I cannot manually reboot into SPRecovery...power + X takes me right to the Motorola flash screen. What's going on here? Thanks for the help!

sidenote: How can I check to see if I have SPRecovery installed? Sorry, but it's been awhile and although I've been rooted for a long time and have flashed many ROMs, I don't do it often any more and I'm afraid that somehow (I have NO idea) that SPRecovery may have been removed or something...even though I have the latest version of clockworkMOD/ROM Manager.

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    You either have SPRecovery OR ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You can't have both at the same time. If I woke up in your shoes, I would go into ROM Manager and flash ClockworkMod. THEN flash SPRecovery, and THEN flash Clockwork AGAIN. Then power off the phone, x+power, and see what happens.

headbanger51 likes this.
  3. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Dude...it worked. Didn't even need to do a manual reboot. Just tried backing up my current ROM from ROM manager. I need to remember this because I think this happened to me last time and since I flash so infrequently, I'm not as on top of my game as I used to be. ;)

Thanks!

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Glad it all worked out :)

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    This seems to be a common issue...maybe doing a sticky with what to do if you can not boot into recovery mode....