1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone won't reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mthill2, Sep 3, 2011.

1. mthill2

mthill2 Well-Known Member

So I decided to get a new kernel today. I was switching from golden monkey to more freedom .85 universal. After flashing the kernel and doing a reboot my phone keeps starting in the fastboot screen. I can not get it to go to the regular phone. I did a nanodroid restore and it went back to normal but then it did the same thing when I tried flashing the kernel again??? Any help!!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

are you wiping the cache and dalvik cache before you flash it??

could be a download too....you can try re-downloading it and trying it again as well...

3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Yeah, you could check the hash for the file (presuming MD5) and match your file up with whatever the folks at freedom say it should be.

Wipe and try again. That's what I'd do.

4. mthill2

Yeah I did a wipe both times I flashed it.

Sorry for being such a newb but I don't quite understand what this means?????

"check the hash for the file (presuming MD5) and match your file up with whatever the folks at freedom say it should be."

5. mthill2

I guess it was a bad dl because now its working. Thanks for the help.

6. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Ah, no problem. Most files that you download will give you a md5 hash to check the file integrity (make sure you got 100% of the file, in the same state they hosted it in). It's just to make sure the file is intact.

Oh, and not knowing about hashing algorithms doesn't make you a noob. ;P

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews