1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Phone won't recognize some contacts when called

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blizzard, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Blizzard

Blizzard Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    All of a sudden my phone doesn't recognize some of my contacts when I receive a call.

Is it possible that I changed a setting of some sort? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Blizzard

Nov 22, 2009
  3. BMF136

BMF136 Active Member

May 14, 2010
    I think I know what you're getting at but I probably don't have the answer you'd like. I noticed the same issue and I think it has something to do with weather or not you stored the contacts # with or without the area code.

I recieved a call from one of my contacts the other day but their name didn't show up, only the # with area code. I checked their contact info and, sure enough, I had entered their # without the area code. I'm thinking that is what caused the phone to have not recognized the contact.

Maybe someone else will know more...

4. Blizzard

Nov 22, 2009
    I have tried area code, no area code and 1 + area code. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Some show, but most don't.

5. LyndaM

LyndaM Active Member

May 16, 2010
    I have this problem a lot. It seems to happen primarily when I have multiple numbers stored for the same contact.
    There are so many odd things happening with this phone--it makes me question my sanity sometimes.

6. Blizzard

Nov 22, 2009
    Yes, I agree. I am very frustrated with the phone software, otherwise I love the device.