1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone won't recognize USB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr. Orange 645, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    SW Missouri
    Ok, before we start, I've used multiple USB cables in multiple outlets and computers.

Last night, I plugged my phone in and noticed it would charge. I pulled the battery, did a factory reset, flashed a stock rom with a stock kernel, and it wouldn't charge. I even tried with different batteries. Under battery stats, it would just say "Not Charging", instead of the normal "Charging" or "Discharging." So it knew something was plugged in, but wouldn't charge.

I plugged it into my computer, and the computer doesn't see it and the phone doesn't connect as a media device. So I can't adb or fastboot. I've already tried using fastboot from the bootloader, but the computer simply does not see the phone.

I know I can flash an unrooted rom to get back to stock, but is there anyway to relock the bootloader without a usb cable and computer? If I can't get this back to stock, I can't exchange it, and not being able to charge the phone or connect to my computer is not acceptable.

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I actually had my cable go bad.

Did you swap the cable out and try again? If you did and posted that, I missed it. And does it charge on the wall charger? :thinking:

3. Mr. Orange 645

None

Oct 6, 2010
    SW Missouri
    Tried several cables and no it wouldn't charge from any source...until about five minutes ago and decided to start working again.

I'm going to unroot and lock and run that way for a couple days just in case the issue reappears.

4. Mr. Orange 645

None

Oct 6, 2010
    SW Missouri
    Ok. USB works and I'm back to stock locked and unrooted but now my volume down button wontbwork. Guess I'm exchanging tomorrow.

Tags: