• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Won't Ring

Make/Model: Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710T)
Android Version: 4.4.2
Hardware Version: L710T.3
Software Version: L710TVPU0ANF4
Carrier: Boost Mobile (Sprint)

I got the S3 originally about 2 months ago and, about 10 days ago, it stopped ringing. I got texts, emails, and other alarms fine but:
- Calls went stright to VM without ringing
- VM notification was silent and only came through as the icon in the status bar
- I have no apps for ringtones or other call/text modifications or adjustments/enhancements (only the native call, text, and notification)

I checked all sound settings, tried changing ring tones to a different stock tone as well as a custom all to no avail. I took it in yesterday and they did the following:
- Firmware and software updates (no change)
- Factory Reset (no change)

I was given a new phone and it worked fine...until mid day today. No I am experiencing the exact same situation as previously explained.

I was following these directions to attempt to correct the problem (http://thedroidguy.com/2014/03/solution-samsung-galaxy-s3-receiving-calls-86843) but have a few problems (the directions either do not match the capabilities of the phone or I cannot find a SIM card slot, only the Micro SD and following the directions using that do not result in any of the same responses from the phone).

If someone has experienced this, knows of an app that causes it, has any leads on how to correct it, or can give me any guidance at all I would appreciate it. At this point in time I am ready to recommend to the world that Samsung phones be used for nothing more than an expensive toy or a paper weight because they suck as a phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: girolez

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones